15 Best Edge Control for 4C Hair to Celebrate Your Kinky Coils
Those having 4c hair have their own struggle to tell! With all the tangled, ungrasped edges, your hair may appear a simple mess if not cared rightly. We would recommend applying the best edge control for 4c hair to celebrate the uniqueness of your hair without thinking of it as a liability.
While there are many edge controls in the market, you should have the right knowledge in testing what is the best edge control for 4c hair! Otherwise, any random edge controller may not hold the hair for a longer time or can even deteriorate your hair quality. So, follow us till the end and know what’s best for you.
Table of contents
The 4c hair types are generally kinky coils that are prone to get dry, frizzy, and brittle. Unless you hydrate your strands properly, you will end up making your hair look dull and lifeless. Even 4c hair types are more voluminous and hard to handle outdoors. So, for flying strands or slicked back ponytail with edges, try out an edge controller gel.
Five reasons why you should get an edge controller today and tame your unruly strands-
- Acts as a hydrating formula: If you choose the professionally picked edge controller, trust us you won’t regret it. It would hydrate and rejuvenate the long-lost moisture of your dry 4c coils.
- Made with the best ingredients: The edge-controlling gel is infused with natural herbs, argan oil, shea butter, spinosa oil, castor oil, aloe vera, and all other goodness. So, the hair essential tool nourishes your hair from its roots.
- Leaves a lasting impression: Your appearance counts as the first impression everywhere you make your presence. So, if you are on your way to really important places, the edge controller will tame your unruly hair and make you look presentable.
- Can try different hairstyles: If you use the lightweight best edge controller, it holds together the strands and assists you with different hair styling. You can have a long slicked back ponytail with edges, a top bun, or can even try out crisscrossed braids.
- Untangled hair: The 4c hair patterns are coily and people mostly complain about the tangling and gradual hair-tearing. So, gently apply the edge controller, let it dry, and break free from messy interlocked tangles.
Now that you know the importance of an edge controller, you must be curious about what is the best edge control for 4c hair! Keep reading the article then!
15 Best Edge Control for 4c Hair:
1. Creme of Nature’s Argan Oil Beauty Edge Control
Creme of Nature’s best edge control for 4c hair gives a superior hold on your hair without flaking. The edge control is an argan oil product that assures you the hydrating nature too.
If you are aiming for a slicked back ponytail with edges, at least give it a shot to the Creme of Nature’s perfect edge control hair beauty product. Once you apply, the cream will add a relaxing effect to your natural hair.
- Consists of Argan Kernel oil, wheat protein, sweet almond oil, etc.
- Alcohol-free formula.
2. African Pride Miracle Hold Black Castor Oil Edge Control
African Pride slick and slay edge control holds your braids, locs, and tames the frizzes. If you are discovering what is the best edge control for 4c hair, look for natural edge controllers.
African Pride miracle hold is composed of a powerful blend of black castor oil and coconut oil, giving a tough beat for all other edge holders. Use the gel on damp or dry hair and air dry it to get the desired result.
- The two key components are black castor oil and coconut oil.
- Is free from parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, and petroleum.
- Holds braid, lock, and flyaways.
- Tames the frizzy hair.
3. Goiple Edge Control Wax For Women
The best edge control for 4c natural hair is committed to what it promises. Using the wax edge control you can keep your beauty in a natural way possible. The best edge control for 4c hair is scent and color safe and boosts the present condition of your hair.
But don’t take too much wax to avoid residues. You can apply the edge control either using a brush or your fingers, whichever way you are comfortable.
- The wax edge control will suit all hair types.
- The item is in wax form.
- Does not flake, and adds greatness to the hair.
- Prevents adding residue.
- The natural formula has castor oil, olive oil, and aloe vera.
4. Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Edge Gel
Mielle slick and slay edge control gel is rosemary and mint flavored guaranteeing a refreshing feel and look both. You can expect a slicked back ponytail with edges, and a straight, curly, or coil mane using the gel.
The tiny jar edge controller is ingrained with biotin and other essential oils to stimulate the strength of your natural hair.
- Tames flyaways, frizz, and split end using the gel.
- Ideal for hair types between 3A to 4C types.
- Comes with an organic blend of rosemary mint, babassu oil, and biotin.
- Gives shiny hair hydration.
5. Ebin New York Edge Tamer for 24 Hours
Ebin New York’s best edge control for 4c natural hair has an extremely firm hold on your strands. Mainly suited for cohesive hair type, the edge controller has a juicy mango scent.
You don’t have to bother about what is the best edge control for 4c hair if you already tested Ebin New York with this product. If you have a low porosity hair problem and looking for a light textured controller, try this one as the edge controller is in refreshing gel form.
- The edge tamer is free from cruelty.
- Suits coarse hair type.
- Is sweet mango scented.
- It’s an argan oil edge tame.
6. Lus Brands Irish Sea Moss Gel
For those searching for medium hold slicked back ponytail with edges, you can give it a try at Lus Brands Irish Gel. The gel is vegan and acts as a curl-activating and hair-styling gel.
Those having wavy, curly, or kinky coils would expect a defining result applying the lightweight gel. It makes your curls look damaged repaired and lustrous.
- Contains Irish sea moss, passion fruit seed oil, rice bran oil, aloe vera leaf extracts, citric acid, etc.
- Is free from cruelty, sulfates, parabens, silicones, mineral oil, gluten, and other toxins.
- Dermatologist-approved product.
- Mainly works for wavy, curly, or kinky coils.
7. Style Factor Strong Hold Edge Booster
Style factor best edge control for 4c hair is designed with watery argan oil components which share no oily residue. Don’t bother about what is the best edge control for 4c hair with quality results further!
The edge booster is watery, gives a natural texture finish, and tames your frizzes. So, with a pliable hold of your hair, why not choose it as the perfect styling solution?
- Made out of 100% natural argan oil.
- It’s available in the watery form.
- Contains a sweet strawberry scent.
- Suits mostly all hair types.
8. SheaMoisture Styling Black Edge Control Gel
SheaMoisture’s best edge control for 4c natural hair acts as a fortifying edge gel for your hair. The slick and slay edge control is a nonalcohol formula at completely color safe.
The edge control is a gel formulation that is also free from chemical toxins. You don’t have to waste your time drying the edges as it promotes a lasting grasp instantly.
- The edge control is a mix of Jamaican black castor oil and flaxseed.
- Does not contain sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, petroleum, etc.
- Is animal cruelty free.
- The gel is not scented.
9. ARCHGOAT Perfect Performance Edge Control
Archgoat’s best edge control for 4c hair is the product of the finest botanical ingredients like aloe vera which protects your scalp and hair. It’s shining, long-lasting, and won’t be a lie to claim it as an unparalleled hair wax in the market.
You can expect a slicked back ponytail with edges for different hair types ranging between 1A to 4C types. The high-performance edge control acts as a wonderful braiding gel.
- Contains natural ingredients like beeswax oil, aloe vera, and olive oil.
- Leaves no residue.
- Free from alcohol and parabens.
- Have a fresh waxy scent.
10. Magic Collection Edge Effect Professional Edge Control
On a score of one to five. Magic Collection slick and slay edge control rated itself 5 as having extreme hold. The best edge control for 4c natural hair by Magic Control gives professional salon-like results.
For those having dry hair types, you should apply the gel without any hesitation. However, due to its extreme scent, the gel may not be liked by all users.
- Mainly suited for dry hair type.
- The edge holder is available in gel form.
- Consists of an extreme scent.
11. Cantu Extra Hold Edge Stay Gel with Shea Butter
Still haven’t got your answer for what is the best edge control for 4C hair with sleepy results? Cantu edge hold gel may surprise you with its traits.
Apply this Cantu gel and expect a slicked-back ponytail with edges anytime. It stays for a longer time and relentlessly adds a flake-free hold of your strands.
- Ingredients like shea butter, jojoba seed oil, benzoic acid, and silk amino acids are added.
- Ideal for curly 2a -4c hair types.
- Is free from sulfates, mineral oil, silicones, phthalates, drying alcohol, etc.
- Animal cruelty-free.
12. ORS Olive Oil Edge Control Hair Gel
The olive oil best edge control for 4c hair restores revives, and rejuvenates your hair strands. The olive oil-controlled edge hair gel has a natural therapeutic significance that prevents buildup and flaking.
You can simply apply the gel with your fingertips or pointed brush whichever way you are comfortable.
- It is formulated without parabens, alcohol, sulfates, silicones, mineral oil, etc.
- Is made of castor oil, olive oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, etc.
- The slick and slay edge control gel suits all hair types.
13. Ezedge Edge Control Gel with Beeswax
Beeswax’s best edge control for 4c natural hair is a 100% natural American wax gel. The well-known feature of using beeswax slick and slay edge control is its 100% natural American origin.
The flake-free gel also lasts for at least 48 hours long effortlessly. The lightweight formulation does not make your scalp itchy or leave any residue.
- Mainly suits dry hair types.
- Make your hair edge controlled for two days straight.
- It is unscented.
14. Puro O Natural Neat Braid Beauty Professional Gel
Puro o Natural’s best edge control for 4c hair makes your office and formal party wear ready. The edge control gel will handle very precise shaping and molding without much difficulty.
The product is available in waxy gel format which largely suits all hair types. Besides the eloquent shine that it brings to you, the best edge control for 4c natural hair can help you in versatile styling.
- The wax gel is not scented in the true sense.
- Is ideal for all hair types.
- The edge control doesn’t have alcohol, grease, or artificial coloring.
- There’s no flaking involved too.
15. Pattern Beauty Edge Strong Hold Gel
Available in a pretty patternistic yellow jar, Pattern’s best edge control for 4c natural hair gives an ostentatious treatment to your hair.
The brand is sponsored by stylist Tracee Ellis Ross who has committed to the product specially for curly, coil, or tightly textured hair. The gel celebrates the uniqueness of black beauty and is on a mission to explore authentic black beauty.
- The edge control has a mild sweet floral scent.
- Contains the goodness of Chia seeds, aloe vera, and sea moss to glorify your curls.
- The gel is free from SLS, parabens, formaldehyde, phthalates, and silicones.
Only knowing what is the best edge control for 4c hair won’t work if you don’t know some of these additional hair and edge care tips. Here are a few for you:
- Keep moisturizing: 4c hair consists of the tightest coils so, there is a higher probability of moisture loss from hair and edges. Keep on moisturizing with natural oils like Argan oil, castor oil, kernel oil, etc.
- Try quick dry edge controls: If you are apprehensive about the repercussions of blow drying, then instead you can try quick dry edge controls. These edge controls if applied on damp hair will quickly dry on its own.
- Begin with dry hair: Applying edge controlling product is best suited when the hair is dry. So, don’t apply additional oil or sticky buildup and instead start massaging with refreshing gel.
- Reframe your hair routine: If your hair routine includes a fair share of chemical add-ons or heating, it’s time to avoid them. At least if you are dreaming about slicked back ponytail with edges, it’s important to strictly say no to sulfate, paraben, phthalates, and artificial products.
The edges for coily 4c hair are a blessing in disguise but the only condition is that you have to maintain it rightly. You can take the help of these best edge control for 4c hair if you are really ready to commit to your beautiful edges.
These edge controls are artificial toxin free and lightweight, so won’t leave much residue once you apply them. Start adding to your hair beauty cart and let us know about your favourite!
In your edge control for 4c hair, firstly make sure it’s free from chemicals like sulfate, parabens, phthalates, and artificial. Nextly, a good edge control has hydrating richness, so it should be infused with natural extracts from argan oil, aloe vera, castor oil, shea butter, etc. And lastly, try to find a light-textured edge control that won’t leave any buildup or flakes.
Our top picks are: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges Control; Puro O Natural Neat Braid Beauty Professional Gel; SheaMoisture Styling Black Edge Control Gel, etc. (see above)
You should apply an edge control alternatively after three to four days. It is so, because using too much edge controllers may interrupt the natural hydrating and hair follicle mechanism.
So, don’t use it too much and often to get the best result without any hair issues. Instead, try products that are long-lasting like Ezedge Edge Control Gel with Beeswax, 48 hours straight.