20 Best Drugstore Products for Curly Hair: Complete Guide
Those having curls have to face the common problem of detangling every other minute. But more than that, finding the best drugstore products for curly hair will be helpful for other reasons too.
Curly or coil hair types also have the common issue of getting your hair quickly frizzy, at least much earlier than you expect. Know about the best drugstore shampoo and conditioner for curly hair to have professional treatments from now onwards.
Table of contents
- 20 Best Drugstore Products for Curly Hair
- 1. SheaMoisture Curl Shampoo Set
- 2. OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Curl Defining Cream
- 3. VERB Vegan Curl Styling Cream
- 4. Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk Conditioner
- 5. Garnier Hair Care Fructis Curl Nourish Kit
- 6. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Curl Refresher Spray
- 7. Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- 8. Maui Moisture Curl Quench Gel
- 9. L’Oreal Paris Elvive Dream Lengths Curls
- 10. Marc Anthony Curl Defining Lotion
- 11. Curls Blueberry Bliss Coconut Milk
- 12. Mother’s Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner
- 13. Lux Spa Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- 14. Aussie Leave-in Conditioner Spray
- 15. Sepia Beauty Leave-in Conditioner Hair Spray
- 16. Pacifica Beauty Pineapple Curl
- 17. Kenra Volume Mousse Extra Curls
- 18. Mielle Organics Babassu Brazillian Curly
- 19. L’ange Sea Salt Spray for Hair
- 20. Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse
- Ingredients to Look For and Avoid in Hair Products
- Types of Curly Hair
- What are the Best Drugstore Products for Curls?
- Have a Super Curly Journey!
1. SheaMoisture Curl Shampoo Set
Hibiscus extracts, coconut oil, vitamin E, and neem oil.
Paraben, Mineral oil, sulfate, and phthalate.
Thick and curly hair.
When you look for the best drugstore shampoo and conditioner for curly hair, make sure it is infused with natural oils.
Well SheaMoisture, hair shine products certainly include the goodness of hibiscus extracts, coconut oil, vitamin E, and neem oil. The shampoo and conditioner will be a perfect combo for cleansing and softly moisturizing thick curly hair.
2. OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Curl Defining Cream
Moroccan Argan oil, kernel oil, etc.
Paraben, Mineral oil, sulfate.
Wavy and curly hair.
Like all the recommended curl-defining creams on the market, OGX Moroccan curling perfection product is also free from toxins.
The moisturizing cream arrives with the exotic presence of argan oil and enters through the hair shaft. Alongside, it ensures silky smooth perfection and gets rid of frizz and flyaways.
3. VERB Vegan Curl Styling Cream
Cetyl Alcohol, Sunflower seed extract, Citric acid, Glycerin, etc.
Sulfate, phthalate, Gluten.
Wavy and curly hair.
Those rooting for the best curl enhancing products for wavy hair drugstore for a long time, here’s one for you. VERB curl styling cream is completely vegan making it universally acceptable.
The styling cream gives a light hold to styles and at the same time helps in reducing frizz. You can feel a mild sweet scent of grapefruit and oatmeal while you carry the hair product.
4. Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk Conditioner
Includes gourmet ingredients like Rice Milk, Macadamia seed oil, and Slippery Elm Bark.
Finding the best drugstore conditioner for curly hair is difficult with such a variety of natural goodness.
Other than the gourmet ingredients, your Camille rose moisture milk conditioner also contains a blend of macadamia seed oil, avocado oil, green tea leaf extract, and cetearyl alcohol.
Vitamin A, D, and B12 infused with it is responsible for your optimal hair health.
5. Garnier Hair Care Fructis Curl Nourish Kit
Elasto Protein and Coconut Oil.
Paraben, silicone, mineral oil.
Curly, Fine, and Normal Hair
The Garnier’s hair care fructis nourishing kit consists of a shampoo, conditioner, and curl-treating smoothie. The smoothie kit is made up of 98% of natural ingredients without any artificial colorants, parabens, or silicone.
The natural Fructis nourish shampoo provides a supple lather for gentle cleansing and intense nourishment.
6. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Curl Refresher Spray
Is the right blend of agave nectar, shea butter, and oils.
Paraben, silicone, mineral oil.
3B, 3C, and 4A curls.
Carol’s Daughter hair milk spray is one of the recommended frizz control best drugstore products for curly hair. It’s a curl refresher spray well suited to other wheat proteins, sweet almonds, and agave.
The hair spray takes you back to the ’90s and gently reminds you of every mother’s haircare routine.
7. Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner Set
Argania Spinosa Kernel oil, Citric acid, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, etc.
Smooth and Damaged hair.
If you have recently chemically treated your curly hair, Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner is totally color safe.
While applying the shampoo, you will experience fizzy citrus, exotic spices, and creamy vanilla scents. The hair products try to accomplish the dual goal of repairing and smoothing the hair.
8. Maui Moisture Curl Quench Gel
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Coconut oil, Papaya fruit extract, Plumeria Alba Flower Extract.
Paraben, silicone, mineral oil, gluten, and synthetic dye.
While picking from the best curl enhancing products for wavy hair drugstore try to select those which make you embrace the natural curls.
The Maui moisture curl quenches ultra-hold gel and includes the goodness of coconut oil, papaya extract, and plumeria extract. It’s a simple styling curl quench which will glow by only massaging the gel through your hair.
9. L’Oreal Paris Elvive Dream Lengths Curls
Hyaluronic acid and castor oil.
Paraben, SLS, Phthalates, Sulfates.
Wavy hair to 4C coils.
As told earlier, curly hair types suffer from the hair problems like frizzy or dryness. To solve that problem, why don’t buy the best drugstore conditioner for curly hair?
Well, Loreal Paris Elvive’s dream length conditioner is suitable for any curl type be it 2A curls to super coil hair. It is recommended to sleep on a silk pillow at night to retain the ingrained moisture supplied through the conditioner.
10. Marc Anthony Curl Defining Lotion
Contains Vitamin E and Silk Protein.
Paraben, SLS, Phthalates, Sulfates.
Curly, Fine, and Normal Hair
Marc Anthony curl-defining lotion is known for its lightweight and no sticky components. Among the best curl enhancing products for wavy hair in the drugstore, Marc Anthony lotion makes your curls bouncy and soft.
The enhancing lotion will dry naturally and soon will lightly diffuse.
11. Curls Blueberry Bliss Coconut Milk
Includes Coconut hair milk and Blueberry
Paraben, Sulfates, Silicones, Synthetic color, Artificial oil, and Fragrance.
Normal to Curly hair.
There you will find very few best drugstore conditioner for curly hair out there with certified organic ingredients. Curls Blueberry is the authentic mix of blueberry extract, aloe leaf juice, and chamomile extract.
Even on your driest hair days, it promises to moisturize innately. Try the conditioner as a light styler.
12. Mother’s Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner
Tahitian Gardenia flower and Mango Butter.
Dye, Paraben, and Phthalate.
For all curly hair.
When we checked out Not Your Mother’s best drugstore shampoo and conditioner for curly hair, the first thing we loved was their bottling.
Along with the attractive exterior look, the shampoo and conditioner are formulated using Tahitian Gardenia flower and mango butter. Given the powerful ingredient combination, your hair will have bouncy and beautiful moves that’s for sure.
13. Lux Spa Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
Deionized water, Moroccan Argan oil, and hydrolyzed wheat protein.
Paraben, Sulfate, and Cruelty-Free.
Frizzy, Dry, Curly, or Damaged Hair.
The Moroccan Argan oil best drugstore shampoo and conditioner for curly hair knows to keep the value of money. In the comfort of your home, you can get treated with salon-quality hair products.
Other than that, it helps in hydrating and restoring moisture levels to the curls. This good pair also is suitable for chemically treated hair.
14. Aussie Leave-in Conditioner Spray
Coconut, Jojoba oil, and Sea kelp.
Paraben, Animal Cruelty.
From 2A to 4C coils.
Whenever you are in a party mood and thinking about embracing the gorgeous texture taken from the top fashionistas, try Aussie conditioner spray. It’s definitely the best drugstore conditioner for curly hair which makes you appear confident, and vibrant with a 100% unique look.
To get the glow, simply spray the leave-in conditioner on your damp hair. And even without rinsing, you are ready to join the party.
15. Sepia Beauty Leave-in Conditioner Hair Spray
Coconut Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Keratin.
Paraben, Gluten, GMO, Phthalates, and Animal Cruelty.
All Curly hair types.
If you are already facing issues related to damaged hair or split ends, you can rely on Sepia Beauty for repairing the curls. Not only is the leave-in conditioner made of natural ingredients but they are also gluten-free.
All you have to do is liberally spray into your damp hair. Then, distribute the solution evenly to your hair using a comb. Lastly, to get the desired styling appearance, blow dry your hair.
16. Pacifica Beauty Pineapple Curl
Pineapple, Hyaluronic Acid, Quinoa, and Argan Oil.
Toxins, Cruelty, and 100% Vegan.
All Curly hair types.
While researching some of the best curl enhancing products for wavy hair drugstore, we came across the Pacifica beauty brand. The products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free therefore applies to all.
It gives you an upper hand in setting your curls free with bounce and definition forever.
17. Kenra Volume Mousse Extra Curls
Hydrolyzed wheat protein, dimethicone, fragrance, etc.
All hair types.
For intense curls, the most problematic part is resolving the dry and flaked hair issue. When you use the Kenra volumizing mousse, it is both non-drying and non-flaking in one go.
Other than that, the mouse has a fair contribution in styling control without any sticky or stiffness. More than anything, Kenra mousse is a treat for all hair types.
18. Mielle Organics Babassu Brazillian Curly
Coconut oil, Babassu oil, and Buriti oil.
Paraben, Paraffins, Sulfates, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Animal Testing.
All hair types.
Mielle Organics serves some of the best drugstore products for curly hair or dry hair types. As its name suggests, the cocktail mousse is the product of a suitable mixture of organic blends and Brazilian oils.
So, every time you think about deep conditioning treatment, this Babassu oil cocktail mousse must stay on your wishlist.
19. L’ange Sea Salt Spray for Hair
Sea Salt and Kelp Extracts.
Paraben, Alcohols, and Silicones.
Mainly for wavy to type 2 hair. For whiten paled or grey-toned hair. Here’s an interesting drugstore product for curly hair. With the sea salt hairspray by L’ange, you can have bouncy beachy hair with a windswept look.
Not only that but you can also have a touchable tousled texture to the hair. The crunch-free finishing of your hair that you achieve while spraying the sea salt spray is otherwise not easy to get.
20. Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse
Sweet Almond oil, Olive oil, Vitamin B complex, Benzoic Acid, etc.
Sulfate, Alcohols, and Animal Cruelty.
For all curly types.
Among the best drugstore products for curly hair, the curl enhancing mousse by Design Essentials must grab a spot! It strategically applied the nourishing formula of two key ingredients.
Particularly, Olive oil and vitamin B complex make an observable difference. The hydrating mousse infused with avocado oil prevents any kind of breakage.
Among the best drugstore products for curly hair, mainly try to focus on natural ingredients or hair oils. The organic hair oils are particularly helpful for coarse coils which need acute hydration.
- Argan Oil
- Grape Seed Oil
- Coconut oil
Other ingredients adding shine to the hair curls are
- Cetearyl alcohol
- Protein elements particularly keratin.
Some chemically designed ingredients seem worst for your hair. Not only are they short termed, but also break and contribute to hair split ends. You must avoid
- Sulfates: They make your hair really harsh and strip off the natural moisture of your scalp.
- Silicones: Silicone is a type of artificial plastic and cheaply is used by most hair products. However, they also repel the natural presence of moisture in your hair.
- Parabens and drying alcohols: Parabens and other synthetics are used as a cheap alternative in most beauty and hair care products. The cheap preservatives would cause frizz and dry your hair.
Types of Curly Hair
The intensity of the hair curls is not the same for all. If we can include the wavy hair types in this category, then the best curl enhancing products for wavy hair drugstore are also different. Know the curl types below.
- Wavy hair- The wavy hair falls between curly and straight hair. It forms a slight A pattern and therefore creates loose loops in your hair. They are more prone to get frizzy than straight hair.
- Type 2 A, B, C Wavy Hair- Mainly 2 A wavy hair consists of troubled fine hair texture. So, probably when you use a sea salt spray or mousse, it can add a volumizing effect. Type 2 b and C waves have more defined A-shaped curls. Use mousse or gel in this case to have salon-like effects.
- Type 3 A, B, C Curls- Type 3 hair type is what you ideally imagine in conventional curly hair patterns. The features of type 3 hair are that they are super springy and perfectly defined forming ringlets. You should focus more on rightly buying the best drugstore conditioner for curly hair because they are prone to dryness.
- Type 4 A, B, and C Coily Hairs- Type 4 coil hair is mainly seen among African-American hair patterns. They are tightly coiled and are also finely textured. However, not all coily hair types are finely textured as you can also find coarse coils quite voluminous but tightly packed to the scalp. In this case, your hair texture demands extra hydration and care.
What are the Best Drugstore Products for Curls?
There are a variety of hair care drugstore products you will find for maintaining the shape and health of your curls. Based on the texture of your hair, try out some of these types:
- Sea salt hair spray and Mousse.
- Best drugstore shampoo and conditioner for curly hair
- Hair Nourishing Oils
- Curl Defining cream
- Volumizing Mousse and more.
Now that you know about some of these drugstore haircare product types, let’s begin to explore some of them.
Now after going through the guide, you should start planning your hair care routine with these best drugstore products for curly hair. It is important to know your curly hair texture before trying the products.
Try to apply these hair products only after you are sure about your hair type and the needs associated with it.
All the products mentioned in this article are important for your hair. Be it the hair sea salt spray, voluminous mousse, or drug store shampoo and conditioner, you simply can’t ignore them. But to start with, try applying the best drugstore shampoo and conditioners like SheaMoisture Curl and Shine Shampoo Conditioner; Garnier Hair Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner Kit, etc.
To find the right curly hair product, know your curl type. Be sure that you have wavy hair, Type 2, 3, or 4 curls. After that, make sure that the hair product you are going to use is free from parabens, phthalates, sulfates, or other chemical toxins. Try using Kenra Volume Mousse Extra 17; or Mielle Organics Cocktail Mousse as they are for all hair types.
For maintaining your curly hair, you can try out curl enhancers that promise definitive curls. Our top picks are VERB Vegan Curl Styling Cream, and Maui Moisture Curl Quench +Coconut Oil Ultra Hold Gel.
In that way, wavy hair or Type 2A hair is good for hair quality. These types of curls are neither oily nor too dry and can be easily de-tangled.