21 Best German Watch Brands affordable in 2021 (A To Z Guide)
Do You Know About Best German Watch Brands.? A watch brings charm to your wrist. Nothing is more satisfying than wearing a branded watch on the wrist. And among the top manufacturing countries across the world, German watches are also well known.
The German watch is most well known for its specialized craftsmanship and well-researched designs. This write-up will help you in exploring the 21 Best German Watch Brands affordable in 2021 along with their distinct features. So, let’s begin!
German Watch companies name which bangs the market worldwide
Here are the top 7 German watches online that have highly defined features and luxurious looks at some time.
1. Archimedes watches
Founded in 1924, but later launched in 2003, the manufacturing expertise credit goes to the master Karl Ickler and his whole family. The quality of the watches made the brand name known worldwide.
Some of the mentionable features of Archimedes watches as one of the best German watch companies are
- It comes with the ICKLER stainless steel case giving a perfect look.
- The dial of the Archimedes watches gives a classic look because of the sapphire crystal embedded at the top.
- The watch has Arabic numerals on it.
- In the watch store, you can customize the straps of your watch by choosing one from the two colors, brown calf or black leather straps.
- The price range of Archimedes German watches online comes in the price range of $700 to $900.
With the Archimedes watch, you will find a two years warranty from the day of purchase.
2. Botta Design
Minimalistic designs are pretty in their way! Isn’t it? Gotta Design was established in 1986 by the founder Klaus Botta. It’s a most popular model like UNO that can be seen as the modern demo for the wristwatch.
Timekeeping is mostly defined with Botta Design as one of the 21 best German watch brands affordable in 2021. Features include:
- The dials of the watch generally come in the dimension 40*40 & 45*41.5 mm.
- There are three strap materials available: rubber, steel, leather.
- The cases are of stainless steel and titanium.
- The price range of the watch is between $500 and $700.
The Botta Design watch model comes with two years of warranty.
3. Glashütte Original
A watch brand developed during the times of German reunification has never failed to serve its customer since 1845. The Glashùtte Original is the best German watches online company because it blends modern manufacturing techniques along with the traditional designing method.
Some of the luxury collections of the brand include Senator and diverse watches like the SeaQ Panorama Date.
- It comes with leather and stainless steel straps.
- It is waterproof up to 5bar for most of the models.
- To be more precise the functions of the SeaQ panorama date includes-an hour and minute updates, panorama date, and small seconds.
- The dial includes roman number timings.
The watch collection of Glashüte original watches comes under the price range of $8,000USD- USD 25,000.
4. Daniel Melchert
In addition to being a member of branded German watches online, Daniel Malchert is a master of his own. The company was founded recently in 2011, Germany. Daniel Melchert as a service provider has constructed models in parallel to Longlines, Omega among several other names.
Some of the features of Daniel Melchert are:
- The collection of watches from Daniel Melchert belong to the Schlossberg family.
- The movement is based on alpha hours, small seconds, and minutes.
- The glass case is based on the sapphire with the open back feature.
- The case diameter of average models like D.Malchert – USI Uhr Schlossberg is approx. 34.00-36.00 mm.
- Among many German watches online, D Melchert has Arabic numeral indexes.
5. Bethge and Söhne
Founded in 1939 and reached its apex during the second world war, Bethge and Söhne are some of the best German watch companies which come in a diversity of options. Some of the exclusive features of the watch company are –
- It comes in different watch collections like Humboldt, Nautica Sport, Meteor among others.
- The cases are generally made of stainless steel cases with 48 mm.
- The weight is approximately 125-200 grams.
- The strap material is of leather and steel band.
- It had about 30atm water resistance.
- It has mineral glass, bottom glass, and sapphire glass.
The price range of the watches is 300-1500 Euro.
Though there’s a swiss in its name the company was founded in Munich in 1983. It’s attractive because of its extraordinary balance between traditional designs as well as the avant-garde mechanics. The company’s founder was Gerd Rüdiger Lang.
Some of the company’s famous collections are Skeletec, Opus Chronograph, Open Gear Resec among many others.
The special fact about Chronoswiss watches is that they believe in manufacturing watches with special care. Therefore, as one of the best German watches company, Chronoswiss maintains its quality by producing only 7000 watches per year.
Some of the most admired collections for Chronoswiss include Sirius, Regulator, and Time Master.
Countries like India have also chosen Chronoswiss as a popular watch brand. Generally, the price of the brand in India comes in Rs 5000-Rs7000/-.
7. Jochen Benzinger
If you want the example of a pure German design then models from Jochen Benzinger will be apt for that. All the models of this company have been a result of a detailed small operation and craftsmanship.
Among the wide range of models, you can shop either the premium styles or can also go for the custom choice. It also comes with a price range of $7,000 to $9500.
Most buyer collections from Jochen Benzinger include the black rose engine, skeleton black case II, ¾ skeleton blue rose engine among many other models.
The price range for these watches is from $8500-$8900.
The diameter of the cases is on average 40-45 mm.
The metal for the cases is stainless steel material. And the crystal front material is sapphire.
5 Best German watch brands affordable.
It’s hard to find both reasonably priced and brand watches all at the same time. The 5 best German watch brands affordable are given below which you definitely can’t afford to miss.
Laco was initiated in 1925 by Lacher & Co. is still known because of its affordable price range of watches without compromising the quality. Laco is best known for all its vintage look designs. Some of the attractive features that come with this watch are :
- Some of the popular collections of Laco are Pilot basic Augsburg, Casablanca Navy watches, sports watches, chassis watches.
- The price range of these collections is from $ 440.00 to $2500.
- The straps are of leather, stainless steel material.
- Most of these are analog watches.
- The case size is generally 42-45 mm
- The crystal used in this collection is Sapphire crystal along with the case back. It’s the top-ranked among the rest of the 5 best German watch brands affordable along with quality served.
The brand was founded in 1994 along with the well-defined performance materials. Damasko is gracefully maintaining the tradition of manufacturing tough watches. Popular features of Damasko among the 21 Best German Watch Brands affordable in 2021 are:
- It is made from bead-blasted and submarine steel material.
- It comes with the watch price range of euro 1000 to euro 2000.
- As per the Vickers rating, it exceeds 316 L watches from stainless steel material.
It comes with about two years of Damasko watches warranty.
Founded by Erhard Junghans in 1861, is well-known for producing over three million clocks. But after seventy years, Junghans started manufacturing wristwatches from the last seventy years.
- Watches have an automatic movement along with 30-meter water resistance.
- The crystal types used for the watches are plexiglass.
- The case size of the watches is approximately 40.00 mm to 45.00 mm.
- It has leather and stainless steel straps.
- It has two functions: stop function and date function.
The watch brand was founded in the 1990s and reached the apex of names within the thirty years of its foundation. The Nomos is generally known for the Bauhaus-style watches. The watches are inspired by the Autobahn watches.
- It has used water-resistive and splash-proof material in the watches.
- It has a hand-winding movement facility.
- The case size of the watches is 35 to 45 mm.
- The dial of the stainless steel models is galvanized and white silver plated.
Like most of the branded German watch companies, it also gives two years of warranty.
5. Lang and Heyne
In the opening of the 21st century, one of the popular watch brands was founded called Lang & Hayne. It started with the production of 50 pieces and later increased the production models.
- The numbering of the watches is of roman numerals.
- The cases are designed in rectangular shapes.
- The straps are made of leather materials.
- It has the time day and night and date functions.
All these brands are widely chosen and most sold across the world.
Two Bonus For You.
Based in Engelsbrand, Germany, Stowa started to create its masterpieces in early 1996. The owner of the watch brand was Storz Walter and the current CEO was Jörg Schauer. Some of the popular models of the brand are-
- The 1930s replica of the original Stowa watches in the name of Antea.
- Another model of the Stowa as the best German watch company is Chronograph which follows the pocket watch models.
- The Flieger Versus is based on contemporary designs.
- Are you an ocean lover? The Marine model by Stowa has taken inspiration from the marine chronometers used for navigation.
- The Schauer is an inspired design by Jörg Schauer which is like an upscale watch.
- The seatime or pro diver watches are mainly sports diving watches that have water-resistant goals of 1000m/300m.
There are several other accessories sold by shows other than watches which you can get on their website.
Founded in 1994 by the current CEO Thilo Mühle has had a shared tradition of watches for more than 140 years. And some of the popular model names are-
- Based on the Marinus chronograph, Mühle Glashütte has a limited edition.
- The sporty instrumental watches.
- Classic timepieces including Teutonia III Handaufzug, Antaria Medium, Antaria Datum, Teutonia II Kleine Sekunde among other collections.
- There are some of the Nautical Wrist Watches including Marinus GMT, Rasmus 2000, Marinus, S.A.R. Rescue timer among others.
Also, Mühle Glashütte watches collection is also delivered worldwide. So, check out the website and make your order in your region.
Top 3 German watch brands according to Wikipedia.
Wikipedia is the largest source of information also from timely updates about the best German watch brands to the fashionistas. To get precise information about the best watches it’s always good to look at Wikipedia.
Sinn mostly manufactures mechanical wristwatches with the production center in Frankfurt am Main. It was found in 1961 by the flight pilot Helmut Sinn.
The watches that are produced through this company have passed several tests including pressure and water resistance, a technical standard for pilot watches, etc. Some of the awards the watch have won are :
- The Frankfurt Financial District award for platinum watches.
- The 6100 rose gold regular watches.
- 103 Ti Ar watches among many other kinds of awards.
Sinn as per the information by German watch brands according to Wikipedia has manufactured both men’s and women’s watches with advanced techniques.
Lange & Söhne watches
Lange & Söhne as a trademark for the Lange Uhren GmbH was established by Ferdinand Adolph Lange based in Germany.it has more than 770 employees and has produced above 5000 outputs.
- Some of the popular models of the brand are Odysseus, Lange, zeitwerk, saxonia among others.
- Its functions include day and time, night or day.
- The dial consists of Arabic numerals.
Kienzle Uhren GmbH.
The company is a trusted one among 21 Best German Watch Brands affordable in 2021 because it’s the earliest German watchmaker brand. Its headquarters were established in Hamburg in 2002.
- Its edition Jacob Kienzle has eight traditional trends.
- It comes in numerous dials, pocket styles, and shapes.
- Its editions color has leather straps.
Wikipedia is the best source for informing about everything and has mentioned Kienzle Uhren as the oldest watch company.
Another more than hundred years old brand that sets its trademark for watches in Germany is Mont Blanc International. The headquarters of the watch brand is in Hamburg, Germany.
Montblanc, as a popular German watch online company, also produces additional accessories like bags, pens, and jewelry under its brand name. As per Wikipedia information, its boutiques are ever-expanding. As of 2012, it had about 449 boutiques. The features of Montblanc are as follows –
- The price range for Montblanc models is from $2,675 – $ 7,400.
- It gives a sophisticated finishing because it gets inspiration from Minerva heritage.
- There are two categories for the diameter of the Montblanc watches; and are from
- 30-37 MM.
- 41-43 MM.
- The strap color for the watches is Grey, Brown, Blue, Black among other options.
- There will be complimentary expedited shipping charges on every order beyond $500.
Overall, if you are looking for either smartwatches or wristwatches, then Montblanc is a good option for you.
If you are tempted to have a mechanical luxury watch on your wrist then it’s time for you to look at the awesome collections by Alexander Shorokhoff. The company was founded in 19992 as said by Wikipedia and the headquarter is at Alzenau, Germany.
Other than watches it also sells fully designed timepieces. Features Alexander Shorokhoff, as one of the best German watch brands according to Wikipedia:
- The uniqueness in the functioning of the watches is that it uses 60 in place of 12 in the dial. 60 here stands for sixty minutes and also as a mark of inspiration from 1960 designs.
- Though the watches are generally denoted as classical their vibrancy in terms of multicolor and enamel coating makes them look suitable for all wrists.
- The vintage collection of the brand is quite famous getting its inspiration from the Russian as well as Swiss Vintage movement.
- Wikipedia has also given the list of awards the brand has got over the years. Some of them are :
- Special mention: of the German Design Award – Barbara.
- Winter award of the German Design Award 2018 among many other awards.
These are the best five Wikipedia German watch brands that all dream to have in their watch collections.
German watch brands in India
If you are from India, then there’s some good news for you. Some German wristwatch companies sell their products in India. Those are:
Popular Meistersinger models that are sold in India are:
- Unomat: It has a 30 bar water-resistant feature; 43 mm case made of stainless steel material, good for daily purpose use.
- Neo: There are three strap colors available mainly Milanese bracelet, shell cordovan (black), and suede leather (black). It has a 36 mm diameter along with a water-resistant capacity of up to 5 bar.
- Neo plus: The third category of meistersinger as a popular german watch brand in India is Neo plus. It is 40 mm in diameter. Along with the above three colors.
The price range of mastersinger is from INR 1,500 /- to INR 6,000/-.
2. Tufina Watches
Serving its customers since the year 1828, Tufina watches are among the best German automatic watches. Among the man’s watch collection’s favorite brands, Tufina is a must-buy. Some of the remarkable features are-
- The watches are assembled with hands along with special care.
- These watches are known for their bold, unique, and altogether different designs.
- It’s approximately about 40 to 45 mm dimension, exempting the crown.
- The shipment facility is free worldwide.
And lastly, it comes with two years of the complete warranty. Tufina Watches are also luxurious among these 21 Best German Watch Brands affordable in 2021.
Wristwatches set its sort of a trademark in your fashion journey. Especially, when you wear a branded watch on your wrist then you steal all the eyes for yourself. Germany, like many other well-crafted products, has also gained a respectable position by introducing its watches to the world market.
So, it’d be your turn to choose from the 21 Best German Watch Brands affordable in 2021 and make a wise decision. Briefly, it’s like wearing luxury on your wrist.
Frequently asked questions
1.What are the best German Brands?
Answer- Categorising some of the brands as best among the rest of the German watches brands must pass the criteria of look and durability. For that matter, you can choose, Botta Design, Archimedes watches, and even Glashüte originals as they come with 2 years warranty period.
2.What are good quality watch brands?
Answer- Good quality watch brands are those which have water resisting capacity, good quality materials used for designing, and do multiple functions at the same time.
For your assistance, you can trust Damasko, Jochen Benzinger, Bethge, and Sohns along with the other above-listed watches for that matter.
3.Which is the best German watch Brand?
Answer- If you are looking for the best oldest German watch brand then it is definitely Kienzle Uhren as mentioned by Wikipedia.
4.Does Germany make good watches?
Answer- Germany is well known now for making good watches. Its craftsmanship with we’ll design analogs, cases, and overall watch functioning made German watches known worldwide. There are some of the German watch brands that have also received awards and which proved the authenticity of the watch brand.
5.What are German-made watches?
Answer- German-made watches are those which are manufactured in Germany. Some of the best-known, German watches are Nomos, Sinn, A Lange, and Söhne among others. Most of the German online watches sites also deliver products worldwide. Check out some of them.
Read More :